The original Fable has cheats and glitches that players can
exploit to get unlimited items and stat boosts. It's even possible to
walk through walls to get around locked doors and other obstacles.
Note: Cheats for Fable Anniversary on Xbox One and Xbox 360 are the same as the original Xbox version.
Hero Save Trick
When you use Hero Save during a quest and reload your save file, you'll restart the mission from the beginning, but you'll have all of the items you collected including any gold. Take advantage of this trick in the Arena to win massive sums of money by playing the same missions over and over again.
How to Get Infinite Silver Keys
Use the Hero Save glitch in the Rose Cottage mission to get an unlimited supply of silver keys. Dig around the circular rose garden near grandmother's house to find a key, then Hero Save. Reload and repeat.
Always Berserk Glitch
Save the game after using the Berserk ability, then reload the save file. You'll remain in Berserk mode indefinitely until you cast Berserk again.
Note: This glitch only works with certain characters.
How to Stop Time
Cast Berserk and Assassin Rush through one of the giant archways between areas. As the game loads, hold Left trigger + Down to go back to the previous area. Everyone and everything will be frozen in place, so you can steal from shops and easily avert enemies. To restart time, start digging anywhere.
Note: This glitch only works in certain areas.
How to Get Unlimited Renown and Experience
Use this glitch to get easy renown points.
- Purchase a spade.
- Take on a new quest in the guild and choose to boast about it to be taken to Lookout Point.
- Leave the podium and use the spade to dig a hole in the ground. This will reset the NPCs in the area.
- Keep digging to spawn more people. Once you've amassed a big crowd, show them one of your trophies to earn a glut of renown points.
- Kill the onlookers with magic to increase your combat multiplier and earn experience points.
It's possible to shoot a flaming arrow if you have a bow and the Fireball spell.
- Assign the Fireball ability to the X button on the quick access menu.
- Pull out your bow and hold the left trigger to target an enemy.
- Hold the right trigger to open the quick menu.
- Hold the X button to charge the Fireball.
- Release the right trigger (while still holding left trigger and X) to draw an arrow.
- Release X when the bow string is pulled all the way back to send the arrow and the fireball flying at the target simultaneously.
Tip: This glitch sometimes works with other spells that can be charged such as Lightning.
This glitch only works in places where you can dig.
- Assign the spade to any button on the D-pad.
- Stand with your back against the wall (or fence, or door).
- Start digging to move backward through the wall.
Tip: Use this trick to get past locked doors without using keys and access restricted areas early in the game.
For unlimited cash flow:
- Purchase the house in Oakvale for 5,000 gold.
- Mount your most expensive trophies inside the house.
- Destroy the front door.
- Sell the house for a profit.
- Return to collect your trophies (the doorway will remain open).
- Buy back the house and repeat the process whenever you need extra money.
For quick and easy leveling, go to the Lychfield Graveyard and find an area where Undead enemies come out of the ground. After you defeat them, more Undead spawn indefinitely. Keep fighting until you have all the experience you need.